X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIDGC Club Meeting Wed. 3-6-2013 @ 5:30pm

For those who may be interested the NIDGC will be having its first club meeting of the year at the Pizza Factory in Post Falls this Wed. March 6 at 5:30pm. Please get there early if you wish to sign up for club membership.

Here's a recap to the best of my ability:

First off I showed up a bit late so may have missed a thing or two but I doubt it. We had our usual 6-8 people show up for the meeting.

Board Members:
    President - Ben Squires
    Vice President - Josh Williamson - he seems like he's got a lot more motivation to help the club right now then I do so I did not wish to oppose him.
    Treasurer - Jack Wardian
    Secretary - Kris Cummings

League format will be the same as years past with Corbin Leagues on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th (if needed) Wednesdays of the month and Cherry Hill League falling on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.

League will begin Wed. April 3rd at Corbin Park - Sign in 4:30 to START PLAY by 5pm - light will be limited so if you're late you'll miss out

Same fees as years past $1 for members and $2 for nonmembers with optional for scratch and handicap pools - I don't remember the cost
    Regular Ace pot will still be $1

Super Ace Pot - had $8 carryover from last year and will get a $100 starting bonus from last years regular ace pot surplus. Super Ace Pot will be optional and will cost $1 until it reaches $200 at which point it will cost $2 until it reaches $300 then it will cost $3 until it reaches $400 then it will cost $4 and so on. Anyone may participate in the super ace pot but you must pay your member or nonmember fee in order to be eligible.

We are looking to get round bag tags made that use the same logo as the discs from last year

We will order 50 Discraft discs this year with the club logo. One model will be the Cryztal Z Buzzz and the other model will be chosen by the board but will probably be a driver - probably Nuke but possibly Stalker also in Cryztal Z.

We discussed youth disc golf programs and we will look into the best options for our club.

Ben is finalizing paperwork and will release sign up info soon for this year's Farragut Open that will be held on July 13, 14 as an A-Tier

That's all I remember off the top of my head. See you all April 3rd at Corbin.

Comment

A couple more items I remember:
      1) a permit has been approved by the PF Parks Dept. to hold a Vibram Birdie Bash at Corbin on Saturday May 4, sponsored by Vibram Discs, the NIDGC and Rapid Fire Disc Golf. TD will be Jack Wardian. Flyers will be posted soon.
      2) The NIDGC website will get an update and be brought back into service. The Club will also set up a facebook page to help disseminate current information about activities.
      3) Ben Squires will be leading a work party this Sunday at Cherry Hill to install 5 more alternate sleeves for baskets. Also discussed was the idea of establishing short (youth) tees for all the holes at Cherry Hill, using simple markers for the front corners only.
      4) Two volunteers will be sought to commit to moving the baskets at both Corbin and Cherry Hill around the first of each month throughout the season.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X