Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Fire Jack
    started a topic Cherry Hill DGC redesign

Cherry Hill DGC redesign

Decided a new name for the thread for Cherry Hill was warranted.
    We had an amazingly mild late December day for our work party today and a good turnout: Ben Squires, Geoff Carr, Cody Hixson, Eli, Andre, Dusty Cook and myself. We completed tee frames for #16 and #18, and placed 3 new timbers to start building up hole #10's tee. It's all looking goooooooood! NIDGC rocks Also want to say thanks to Gordy Crafts for his donation to our project. Gordy has an unredeemed Am Prize voucher from this year's Farragut Open, and offered to donate the cash value of the voucher to the Cherry Hill improvements. The NIDGC will receive about $57 cash as a result of this nice gesture. Mucho Gracias, Gordy !
    Last edited by Rapid Fire Jack; December 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM.

• Rapid Fire Jack
    replied
    Course Maps

Course maps for Cherry Hill (and Corbin Park) are available at Rapid Fire Plastics in Post Falls. Usually keep them stocked at the courses, but people keep breaking the literature holder that I use at Cherry Hill. Trying to get permission to put something on the main sign board so it is a little more secure than on a tee sign post.

Leave a comment:

• Gabentgf
    replied
    I work in Seattle. Used ot live in Post Falls and now live south of Coeur d'Alene. I have not played Cherry Hill in a long time. My son is coming up from California at the end of the month. Is there an updated course map available?

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Fire Jack
    replied
    League play at Corbin

Wes, League play is at Corbin Park in Post Falls this Wed. July 3. I will be running it. Sign-in 4:30 - 5:15; tee off 5:30 ish. Come on out. We typically are running 40 to 50 in attendance; all skill levels. Cost is $3 for a non Club member, plus opitional CTP for $1 (covers TWO CTP holes), $1 basic ace pot, and $1 super ace pot; optional $2 payin for scratch prize pool. Best place to buy discs is at my store of course - Rapid Fire Plastics, also in Post Falls. Store # is 208-773-1115 for directions and info.

Leave a comment:

• Wes Hansen
    replied
    Visiting July 3-6. Any league play going on then?
    If so, where, when?

Cherry Hill is the on hill (w/tennis courts as base) by hwy, not the congested one in the neighborhood park- right?

Anything at Farragut during that period?

either way, would love to play with friendly folks Friday or Sat. if nothing else is in works.

Where does one purchase discs in that neck of the woods?

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Fire Jack
    replied
    New Tee Signs

Check out the new full color tee signs installed at Cherry Hill. The City provided them at their expense. Thanks to Geoff Carr, Ben Squires, and any others who helped set the sign posts and then install the signs. They look sharp!

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Originally posted by tomw View Post
    I shot My best on the new layout during this last weeks Wednesday night League . Eight under par , bogey free, earning me the #1 tag for the first time this season. My previous best during league was -1. Casual was -5 . The course play 3 to 6 strokes harder than the previous layout. I really did not think that i could shoot this course that well, but now i have a new bench mark. If you've not tried it yet, consider it?
    Nice shooting Tom!

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    My best on the new layout

I shot My best on the new layout during this last weeks Wednesday night League . Eight under par , bogey free, earning me the #1 tag for the first time this season. My previous best during league was -1. Casual was -5 . The course play 3 to 6 strokes harder than the previous layout. I really did not think that i could shoot this course that well, but now i have a new bench mark. If you've not tried it yet, consider it?

Leave a comment:

• bstullis
    replied
    Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    League did happen. It was a gorgeous day after all that rain. Doubles is always at the course that league was at that week. So this Saturday it's at Cherry. Nobody has ever turned away from league due to having too many people want to play.

Course is awesome now. I will definitely be back to play more Cherry as soon as I can get out there. The layout is fantastic. Anyone from Spokane heading out there should hit me up and perhaps we can car pool out there.

Big props to all involved in the redesign. Next week is the Cherry Hill NIDGC Series event. Hope to see you all there.
    Gonna be there tomorrow, I can swing by and carpool if you're interested. I will be heading out from south hill Ray and 29th, just let me know where you want me to pick you up.
    Last edited by bstullis; June 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Fire Jack
    replied
    Series event at Cherry Hill

League did happen. It was a gorgeous day after all that rain. Doubles is always at the course that league was at that week. So this Saturday it's at Cherry. Nobody has ever turned away from league due to having too many people want to play.

Course is awesome now. I will definitely be back to play more Cherry as soon as I can get out there. The layout is fantastic. Anyone from Spokane heading out there should hit me up and perhaps we can car pool out there.

Big props to all involved in the redesign. Next week is the Cherry Hill NIDGC Series event. Hope to see you all there.
    Oops, Stu. The N.Id Series event at Cherry Hill is scheduled for June 30. Two weeks from Saturday. Ben Squires will be TD.

Leave a comment:

• bstullis
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottW View Post
    Has this happened to you?
    No that's not what I was implying at all. I just read get there early, and there were 50+people, nearly as many as some smaller tournaments. Just prepping for the days ahead, don't want anyone waiting on me. For what it's worth, I have only seen the best from the NIDGC. I just wanted to prepare for the possiblity because of the popularity of the great courses there in CDA.

Leave a comment:

• ScottW
    replied
    Originally posted by bstullis View Post
    Also, has anyone ever been turned away during league play because of too many people?
    Has this happened to you? I know we have had to turn players away but it has not been due to too many players it has been to players showing up too late and lets face it 50+ people shouldn't have to wait for one or more people to get signed up to play just because they can't get there on time. Everyone either manages to get there in a timely manner or calls ahead to Jack or Ben with a plan. I am not sure if that is what happened to you or not but that is how I feel on punctuality. So far I have only been able to make league at Corbin and have called Jack ahead of time in case I am running late so I am accounted for before I even get there and nobody has to wait for me because I was late. It's just courtesy to others is all but again I am not sure if that's what you are getting at or not that's just where I stand on lateness.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bstullis
    replied
    So is league still going to happen with this crappy weather? I don't want to fork out gas money to get out there and not be able to play. Come on lightning, knock it off already.
    So Did League happen or did it get postponed to today (thursday). . . when I will be able to attend. Does anyone know if doubles on saturday will still be at corbin or if it is being moved to CH?

Also, has anyone ever been turned away during league play because of too many people?

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    So is league still going to happen with this crappy weather? I don't want to fork out gas money to get out there and not be able to play. Come on lightning, knock it off already.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X