X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Hill DGC redesign

Decided a new name for the thread for Cherry Hill was warranted.
    We had an amazingly mild late December day for our work party today and a good turnout: Ben Squires, Geoff Carr, Cody Hixson, Eli, Andre, Dusty Cook and myself. We completed tee frames for #16 and #18, and placed 3 new timbers to start building up hole #10's tee. It's all looking goooooooood! NIDGC rocks Also want to say thanks to Gordy Crafts for his donation to our project. Gordy has an unredeemed Am Prize voucher from this year's Farragut Open, and offered to donate the cash value of the voucher to the Cherry Hill improvements. The NIDGC will receive about $57 cash as a result of this nice gesture. Mucho Gracias, Gordy !
    Last edited by Rapid Fire Jack; December 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM.

It's a Dirty Job

At Ben's suggestion I emailed Monte at CdA Parks Dept. today to inquire about the possibility of them moving some fill dirt to our new teepad frames soon, while the ground is firm enough to drive on. Monte responded right away and said he could work on it later in the week - probably with a bobcat. I offered to recruit some volunteers with shovels and rakes to help spread and level the dirt.

Comment

Club meeting

NIDGC club meeting is scheduled for Wed. March 14 at Capone's in Post Falls. Meeting will start at 6 p.m. Cherry Hill improvements will be part of the agenda, as well as planning for weekly league and other Club activities for the upcoming year. Come on out.

Comment

We had a nice turnout for the work party at Cherry Hill. I was only able to help for about 2 1/2 hours but some were there all day so huge thanks to them. The new tee pads are going to be awesome! They are coming along really nicely. Some of them just need the gravel under the pad and to have the pad installed while others still need a bit of work. It's pretty amazing the amount of work that some of the NIDGCers have done out there. I have only been a small part but I must commend the diligence of the others. I will get out there and help when I can. Nice work NIDGC It will be nice to finish up the needed work there then turn our focus to Corbin.

Comment

well said scott.
          Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Getting close

All the teepad frames have been placed, and this past Monday Monte was out there with a backhoe placing crushed rock in the teepad frames for us. Ben and Geoff worked in spite of the steady rain. Couldn't do the holes up on the hillsides because the ground was too wet and slick even for the backhoe. With some drier weather next week, we could possibly be able to switch to the new layout for league next Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. No promises.

Comment

Here's a nice little article that was apparently on the front page of the CDA Press today. Nice work everyone who has helped with this project.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...c4cc4e8a5.html

Comment

Well done guys. I guess I'll be playing Cherry Hill on Wednesday.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

So is league still going to happen with this crappy weather? I don't want to fork out gas money to get out there and not be able to play. Come on lightning, knock it off already.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                    So is league still going to happen with this crappy weather? I don't want to fork out gas money to get out there and not be able to play. Come on lightning, knock it off already.
                    So Did League happen or did it get postponed to today (thursday). . . when I will be able to attend. Does anyone know if doubles on saturday will still be at corbin or if it is being moved to CH?

Also, has anyone ever been turned away during league play because of too many people?

Comment

League did happen. It was a gorgeous day after all that rain. Doubles is always at the course that league was at that week. So this Saturday it's at Cherry. Nobody has ever turned away from league due to having too many people want to play.

Course is awesome now. I will definitely be back to play more Cherry as soon as I can get out there. The layout is fantastic. Anyone from Spokane heading out there should hit me up and perhaps we can car pool out there.

Big props to all involved in the redesign. Next week is the Cherry Hill NIDGC Series event. Hope to see you all there.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                        Also, has anyone ever been turned away during league play because of too many people?
                        Has this happened to you? I know we have had to turn players away but it has not been due to too many players it has been to players showing up too late and lets face it 50+ people shouldn't have to wait for one or more people to get signed up to play just because they can't get there on time. Everyone either manages to get there in a timely manner or calls ahead to Jack or Ben with a plan. I am not sure if that is what happened to you or not but that is how I feel on punctuality. So far I have only been able to make league at Corbin and have called Jack ahead of time in case I am running late so I am accounted for before I even get there and nobody has to wait for me because I was late. It's just courtesy to others is all but again I am not sure if that's what you are getting at or not that's just where I stand on lateness.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                          Has this happened to you?
                          No that's not what I was implying at all. I just read get there early, and there were 50+people, nearly as many as some smaller tournaments. Just prepping for the days ahead, don't want anyone waiting on me. For what it's worth, I have only seen the best from the NIDGC. I just wanted to prepare for the possiblity because of the popularity of the great courses there in CDA.

Comment

Series event at Cherry Hill

League did happen. It was a gorgeous day after all that rain. Doubles is always at the course that league was at that week. So this Saturday it's at Cherry. Nobody has ever turned away from league due to having too many people want to play.

Course is awesome now. I will definitely be back to play more Cherry as soon as I can get out there. The layout is fantastic. Anyone from Spokane heading out there should hit me up and perhaps we can car pool out there.

Big props to all involved in the redesign. Next week is the Cherry Hill NIDGC Series event. Hope to see you all there.
                            Oops, Stu. The N.Id Series event at Cherry Hill is scheduled for June 30. Two weeks from Saturday. Ben Squires will be TD.

Comment

Gonna be there tomorrow, I can swing by and carpool if you're interested. I will be heading out from south hill Ray and 29th, just let me know where you want me to pick you up.
                              Last edited by bstullis; June 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X